Gas leaks can be serious or even fatal so you can’t ignore them!
A leak may be caused by a faulty or inproperly installed gas boiler or by another appliance in your home or place of business.
What you need to do if you smell gas:
- First of all do not panic
- Open all windows and doors
- Do not Smoke!!
- Do not light any cigarettes or matches
- Do not turn on any electrical sockets, switches, etc.
- Turn off your gas at the metre.
- Immediately contact the National Gas Service Emergency Line on 0800 111 999
They will will help sort out the problem. You can also contact your local Gas Safe Engineer.
As the owner of the property or landlord, you need to carry out a regular service of your appliances to avoid stressful situations such as gas leaks, water leaks, or faulty central heating. Annual servicing can be carried out by our Gas Safe Engineer. Please feel free to contact us today.
A useful gas detection device is the CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM.
Gas is odoorless and non-flammable and so is therefore dangerous!
Such a device can save our lives. Just as Fire Alarm is the first line of defence to improve home safety.
A Carbon Monoxide Alarm should be installed by a qualified person.
What are the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning??
- Respiratory problems
Please contact your doctor if you recodnise any of these symptoms ! If you need any help with plumbing and heating please contact us.