A landlord’s gas safety check is required by law on all rental properties in the United Kingdom.
CP12, better known as the gas safety certificate, can only be performed by a Gas Safe plumber. The Certificate must include all appliances that landlords provide for their tenants as well as gas pipework. If you are tennant, please make sure that you have a copy of the certificate issued for the property you live in.
What must a gas safe engineer check before they issue a certificate?
- First of all, visually check the condition of the gas pipework and appliance
- Check the appliance and pipework for gas tightness
- Ventilation check
- Gas rate following manufacturer data badge
- Flue flow test to ensure combustion products are safely removed
- Check all appliance safety devices to ensure they are working correctly
- Carbon monoxide alarm check
Any evidence of an unsafe situation must be investigated by a gas safe plumber and reported to the person responsible for the property.
Information that a gas safety certificate should contain:
- List of gas appliances in the property and their serial numbers
- Flue check if appropriate and where necessary
- Flue gas analysis (FGA) where appropriate
- The location of each appliance
- The name of the gas person, license number and signature of the engineer
- Date of safety check
- The address of the property where appliances are installed
- The full name of the landlord, their mobile number and email address
- A list of all defects if identified
- Action required to fix all issues or action taken
- Confirmation of all results
Our Engineers are Gas Safe registered for your peace of mind. If you are from Hertfordshire and in need of gas safety check, please contact us today.